Thursday, July 22, 2010

NOT OFTEN I SIDE WITH FRANCE

France voted in favor of outlawing the Burqua type of clothing women wear in middle eastern countries. It was said to affect some 2,000 women. Huffing Post, one of my all time favorites, had an article by Ms. Spelling against such a law. However......

I'm in favor of the ban. The logic of Ms. Spelling is flawed. This is not an assault on Islam or on women or on Muslims or any combination thereof. I would also ban it in the U.S. It could be a man under there and it could be a bomber under the bee keeper outfit. In my opinion, it brings down the property values on the street they walk and I'd be reluctant to walk near them as they might have assault rifles under the death threads.

If the women don't like it, they can move elsewhere. This is not a law, as suggested, as to tell what to wear, but a law stating what cannot be worn. There are laws against dressing to impersonate such as doctors in a hospital, policemen and so forth. This could be a terrorist impersonating a woman.

I think France would rather err on the side of safety and so would I. Also in Muslim countries, they force western female visitors to look like death. I did not see one word about this in the article. What goes around, comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment