Sunday, July 18, 2010

HOW I QUIT SMOKING AFTER 50 YEARS

During one visit to my doctor about 2 years ago, a substitute doc saw me and suggested a chest xray. I took it but my doc must have forgotten about it, but with some prodding, told me I had a shadow on my lungs and better give up smoking. I know this is a little sloppy, but I do like my doc even if he was forgetful.

My brother told me about his wife trying "Commit", a lozenge and I bought it in Cherry flavor at the drug store because Costco only has the, ugh, regular flavor.

To make my money go further, instead of dissolving the entire lozenge, I would use about 20% of it and put it aside for later use. Every time I had a fit, I'd pop in a lozenge and use another 20%.

I noticed the nico-fits getting further apart and I all but stopped taking them in the 12th week. I still had a supply in case of emergency and had a little here and there but not on a regular basis.

I bought some Nicorette gum, cinnamon flavored and used a small supply until the 16th week.

Yes, it is is almost two years. I have a flashback now and then but only lasts a few seconds. I don't mind people smoking near me but I rather not smell it. I do take a COPD pill to open the lung cells for better function but I may outlive my heirs.

I like the fact that I no longer involuntarily reach for a cig, that my car now smells good, that I don't need a cig with coffee, after a mean, with some wine. I can write this without the crutch. I sleep and taste better, don't cough, but have to fight my weight.

Please support my site when you need a gift. www.attitudejewelry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment