Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I WOULD HAVE BIT IT CLEAN OFF

I read in Salon about Jessica Stern and her sister's rape when they were little kids. It happened the same day, same place, same time frame. It moved just about every person commenting with anger and sympathy.

Like other readers, this made me sick to my stomach. The police gave the sisters no justice. They only they doubted them. Your father indicated, perhaps not directly, that he was not interested in justice. "They probably have forgotten about it".

At some time in the rape, the man told her to lick his penis. She had the idea of biting it, but didn't. If it were me, I would have bit his penis clear off and then tried to poke his eyes out. As gruesome as that may sound, it would have saved other girls, exacted punishment that fits the crime, saved her sister from this bastard, and if Jessica survived, she would not have spent all these years as a victim.

I know it is almost cruel for me to suggest this, but I would not have hesitated for a moment.

I read about the women in India in pink Saris, banding together in the thousands, exacting justice from the misogynist men, wife beaters. I suggested the Stockholm Syndrome drenched women in the Middle East try to do the same.

Need a gift? Visit http://www.attitudejewelry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment