Thursday, September 4, 2014

WE LOST A NATIONAL TREASURE

Melissa lost her friend and mother,  Joan Rivers. We are blessed that It was a relationship they shared with the world, and to love one, you had to love both. Not to love either, in my opinion, you need a Primer on loving.

We, the people lost a national treasure today, at 1:17 PM on September 4th; I lost my maestro of comedy, my best source of laughter. I loved her edginess, her timing, and if she teased you, it was not a personal hit, it was confirmation that you were famous.

All on the people on her Fashion Police show, all of her guests, every audience and everyone at the "E" channel affirm the reason why I'm in a sea of tears.  Selfishly, I am pleased that she left a body of work we can all enjoy.  We were age contemporaries, from the same city, with the same ethnicity.  This really hit me personally.




No comments:

Post a Comment